The Journey to Perfect Skin

Lemme brag a little bit. I have almost perfect skin—the kind that I can go out with on grocery trips, vet visits, and dog walks. How did I achieve it? Simple. I use great skin care products, and I follow my skin care routine religiously. It took me a while to achieve great skin, but it was all worth the time, money, and effort.

But the road to perfect skin is a bumpy one. I’ve dealt with a couple of heartaches too in my journey. I’ve encountered harsh products, battled with a couple of zits, endured tons of skin marks, and wasted a good amount of money on ineffective products. But when I’ve finally found the apt products for me, I wholeheartedly put my trust (and money) in them. And boy, I'm glad I did!


My real skin: No makeup, no enhancement, not Photoshop-ped

2 years later, I’m still using the same brands. Although I admit I’ve used a couple of alien products during this period. But overall, I still prefer using my perennial and time- tested favorites.

But the body has a mind of its own. Did you know that your skin could get accustomed to the ingredients in your products after a long period of usage? That means your skin will get so used to your products, that the results would not be as impressive as they used to be. That’s why it is recommended that you switch brands after a period of time, say, around 8-10 months.

And this is the case for me. My skin is much better now than what it was 2 years ago. But at this point, I think I have to move on to preventive and corrective products, especially now that I'm nearing 25, the turning point of my skin's life. But I will still retain my favorites though.


So for my new skin care routine, I will try the following products:


CAMARU NATURALS- Though relatively new, this skin care line has already made its way to the hearts of its consumers. Their best- selling soap is the Bamboo Charcoal soap, and it will be my facial cleanser for a while. It is also my first time to use soap as a cleanser. Geez, bye bye for now facial foams!


AESTIER BY DR’S SECRET- A Singaporean brand formulated by skin care experts and doctors. Dr’s Secret by the BWL Group has been around for quite some time now in Asia, but it has just recently reached our local shores. Ever wondered why most Singaporean women don’t have that much fine lines and wrinkles? It’s because of this skin care line.

I’m pretty excited! I’ll be using them soon. I will get back to you with my results.

So my advice: If you’re already at the point of diminishing returns, it’s time you try something new. You could always go back to your favorite brand, or bring your favorites to your next journey.

I used to believe that perfect skin can never be attained. But with what I have used and experienced in my journey to skin perfection, I can say that YES. PERFECT SKIN IS POSSIBLE!

Post a Comment

15 Comments

  1. I'll agree with you Martha, If you found your HG in skin care better stick with it pero now ko lang nalaman na may period pala na kailangan din mag-switch. Is it for all skin care products like facial wash, cream, etc or in a specific lang?thanks for the info, almost two years na din ako sa HG facial wash ko so do you think it's time to change na?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally envy you and not your so-sensitive skin. Whenever i try something different, I get immediate breakouts. UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for your review of the products! I guess I need a few more tried to get the skin I want. I used to have dry facial skin but now I think I've over-moisturized and it's now oily. LOL. And then there would be times when I'm too tired and fall asleep with my makeup on. This is unintentional. And after a day, I'd be getting zits. Creepy.

    But, I guess, these past few weeks, I've been doing great. Yes, my skin's still oily but not much zits. Warts problem na lang which can be solved by salamat po doc! LOL. I used to not care much about the stuff I put on my face; but ever since I started beauty blogging, I became more conscious and now I have my own skin care routine which works okay naman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One skin problem that really bothers me is having blackheads and whiteheads along the nose area and chin area. Any tips on how to combat 'em?

    Can't wait for the reviews! Hopefully maging hiyang sayo mga new products. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. kaya pala parang hindi na ganung ka effective yung mga products na ginagamit ko..i can say na nandun pa ako sa bumpy road...pero ang problema ko na lang ngayon ay acne marks, eyebags, and oily skin...im looking for a product na compatible saken dahil sensitive ang skin ko at oily pa..that's why i choose to wash my face with baby soap..and so glad it works dahil wala na kong pimples..its just the marks that making me crazy..wish this year na ma achieve ko din yung clear face. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some, because of several times applying different products on their face, their face tends to react differently. You really have a great skin after all, Ms. Martha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. kath: good question. generally, yes. 'Cos the principle is true for all products. You can still use some of your favorites, but it's better if a bulk of your new products is from another brand.

    Anonymous: hello and welcome to TBJ! :D Yes, that's a factor too. Peeps with sensitive skin may switch brands too, but their selections are pretty limited due to their skin condition. :) As far as I'm concerned, a lot of brands have already reformulated some of their best- selling products to suit people with sensitive skin. So i think you can switch anytime if you want to. :)

    gellie: that's another thing. You may think that your skin is dry, but in reality, it's oily. Your skin type can also change as you age. :) Thanks for sharing! :) I think you're doing a great start. Invest in your skin at this point, and reap the rewards later on in your life. My mom's a skin care product freak during her younger days. And now I understand why I should be one too. She has no wrinkles at all! And she's already 50!


    anythinggoes: clay masks once a week would do you good to unclog your pores. You may also use nose patches, but only if you can tolerate mild pain. :)

    alpha: the thing is, baby soap could be mild, but bear in mind that it's formulated for the body. and body soaps are very drying! use a soap that's specifically formulated for the face. :)

    theresa: thank you dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. my derma always scolds me that i have to have a good skin regimen cause she looks younger than me daw.heheh. i just havent had the patience or time to put on those "potions" on my face. but you know, reading your blog inspired me to spend time on my skin and now, im so happy to say, im religiously using the ponds day cream that you sent me (along with some other stuff i have for my face). thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, even without wearing make-up, you're face is totally awesome! I envy thoso persons who have almost perfet skin, no acne, no acne-marks, bumps and tight pores. I've been struggling for a long time and because of my skin imperfections, since when I was in my 3rd high school, i started having skin dilemmas. As of the moment, I haven't found yet the solution to these problems, but I do hope that soon, I'll find them. Sometimes, because of being "atat" nagswiswitch po agad ako ng product dahil i found it uneffective. But that's wrong pala, just like what you've mentioned, one should stick to the produt for almost 8 months. But I am still hoping that someday, I'll combat these skin problems of mine. Thanks for sharing Ms.Martha! You are indeed an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. trying different routine is fine, lalo na pag nadadagdagan ang age natin.. hihi.. im changing my skincare routine too ^_^ curious ako sa new skincare routine mo hihi..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never tried to go to a derma for a facial or anything that prick or scrape my facial skin dun ako takot na takot. 2006 I experience an acne attack and it lasted for a year of super stress and nakakahiyang skin. I never thought na they will all heal , I gave in and took the fate na magiging part na ng life ko ang acne, at my age nakakainis... but I can't do anything hindi ko pa din sya pinaderma. I tried the over the counter products and someof which are recomm ng mga friends. A year after it subside i really dont know kung anu s amga facial cream , or cleaner na ginamit ko ang nag pa cure ng acne problem ko. All the redness and the swelling are gone now, but it left visible marks on my face. As u age, facial skin problems will arise from skin damage to wrinkles nandyan na lahat. Wrinkles are becomming so visible and resulting to products that will definitely give u that aid will help alot. good thing there are lots products now in the market that one can try. there are expensive ones and some are cheaper and affordable. it will definitely depend on ur skin type and how RELIGIOUSLY you will stick to that product. the bamboo charcoal is so intriguing to me.
    Goodluck on your new venture with all this product. happy experience ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you, Ms. Martha. my problem is I'm nearing 26 and I still have a sensitive skin. Worse, until now I can't find any solution- a product that will help me erase my acne marks during high school. I think I'll live with these craters in my face my whole life. Sad. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  13. jakie: that's true! in the long run, you'll thank yourself one day for taking good care of your skin.

    magz: visit camaru naturals in Facebook. Read the consumer reviews for yourself. :) If something works well on you, I recommend that you take not of that particular product so you know what to buy next time. :)

    tala: You should consult a dermatologist then. Those bumps can be remedied temporarily by foundation. But since you have sensitive skin, stick to makeups formulated for people with sensitive skin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're such a dear Ms. Martha.. you really answer all our queries.. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first time to come across your blog (I got your blog addy from another beauty blogger) and I'm trying to read through everything (and I have a lot to catch up, i may say). I found this blog really refreshing and informative. i can't wait to read more articles to help me in my beauty routine.
    I wanna try the Camaru soaps that you've been writing about...hope these soaps get distributed in local stores for easier access especially since i live in Cebu...:)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)